I spent yesterday finishing up two jumper style dresses for my friend and the coming and going bag for Retro Femme, and getting the RF items listed. It was pretty late when I finished hemming the second dress, almost midnight, which is when I usually go to bed. But I recently bought a new pincushion pattern and wanted to try it out. It’ll just take a few minutes, I thought. Ha!
I decided to try the turtle. It was a close contest with the owl. I picked out the fabrics, and started cutting the pattern pieces. The whole thing was smaller than I thought and I had to sew the leg pieces together on top of a piece of tear-away interfacing to keep my machine from eating them. The baby ric rac tried mightily to wander off the seams, but I (mostly) wrestled it back into place.
Around 1:30 AM, I got to the point in the directions that said “baste the legs, tail and head to the bottom”. Ha! I thought. I’ll just pin and pinch. I grabbed the top and started sewing it to the bottom. I got around to the last bit and discovered the top was slightly too big for the bottom, so I eased it on. Looked good. I turned it through the seam in the bottom and discovered…
I must of let go of the leg while I was easing the top. sigh. poor guy.
I’ll try again this weekend, but first I’m going to enlarge the pattern by 50%. And use regular ric rac.
We’re off to a playdate this sunny and mild morning, but this afternoon I’ll be adding a circangle tote to my Retro Femme offerings. Stocking is at 10 PM EST, 7 PM Pacific.
Have a fun day!!